Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: True Canadians!!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is all in fun, and isn't meant to insult anyone, most of all Canada's wonderful neighbor to the south!!!


    25 Signs Showing You Might Be Canadian

    1. You're not offended by the term "HOMO MILK".

    2. You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

    3. You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars.

    4. You drink Pop, not Soda.

    5. You know that a Mickey and 24's mean, "party at the camp, eh!!!"

    6. You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays, with good cigars and no Americans.

    7. You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.

    8. You drive on a highway, not a freeway.

    9. You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.

    10. You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group.

    11. You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.

    12. You brag to Americans that; Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion & Mike Myers are Canadians.

    13. You know that the C.E.O. of American Airlines is a Canadian!

    14. You know what a touque is.

    15. You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

    16. You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed".

    17. Your local newspaper covers the national news on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.

    18. You know that the four seasons mean: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road work.

    19. You know that when it's 25 degrees outside, it's a warm day.

    20. You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.

    21. You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan".

    22. You perk up when you hear the theme song from 'Hockey Night in Canada'.

    23. You are in grade 12, not the 12th grade.

    24. "Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary, and is more polite than, "Huh?"

    25. You actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all of your Canadian friends! Then you send them to your American friends just to confuse them!

    <font color="#000000" size="1">[ July 29, 2005 08:10 PM: Message edited by: CDNRunaways Fan ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess you are gonna figure out real quick that I live south of the border....Cause I only understood about 3 of the above statements

    And Can we trade a Whitney Houston & a Mirah Carey for your Shania...Just Asking

  3. #3
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sure Roger, I have no problem with that. I'll take a Mariah Carey anytime!!!

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner mRs.GaToR's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2001
    Posts
    1,883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hhmmmm.......am I turning Canadian?? I understand
    most of these.....and I say eh?? all the time

    *LMAO*

    gotta admit...only understand most of them because
    of all my Canadian friends! I sure have learned
    a lot!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It sounds to me like you are becoming one of us, Mrs. Gator!!!

  6. #6
    CanadianGirl
    Guest CanadianGirl's Avatar

    Post

    I have ALOT of American friends and i got most of them saying eh *L...mRs GaToR wait until you come to visit Amanda and I *L you'll learn alot more [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only live about 7 hours south of the border, but I kinda feel like a foreinger. Is there a class I can Take...eh?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My brother is married to a Canadian gal..they met on line...she is a jewel...a menenite (not sure of the spelling)....I can't wait to go with her on a visit to Canada, I've never been.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Canadianblueyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *L* You'll NEVER hear me brag about Celine being Canadian. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    canadarocks
    Guest canadarocks's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by PhAnToMbLuE:
    *L* You'll NEVER hear me brag about Celine being Canadian. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me neither [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •